- A quick city to wild access
- Experience cultrue with wild in just 2 day program
- Great for last minute bookings
Located conveniently close to the highway that connects Kampala to the parks of western Uganda, Lake Mburo National Park (LMNP) is a compact gem. The smallest of Uganda’s savannah national parks, it is home to 350 bird species as well as zebra, giraffe, impala, eland, buffalo, oribi, Defassa waterbuck, leopard, hippo, hyena, topi and reedbuck.
Together with 13 other lakes in the area, Lake Mburo forms part of a 50km-long wetland system linked by a swamp. Five of these lakes lie within the park’s borders.
DAY 1: Kampala - LMNP
6.30am - You will be met at rendezvous point of choice within central Kampala by our Igufa Safaris' guide. We recommend you carry a light snack or have an early breakfast – you can also make your breakfast “order to go” with Coffee At Last (0758263333) before 8pm a day before departure.
You will arrive at your Lake Mburo overnight safari camp in time for lunch. Pitched on a hill top overlooking the wilderness of the Mburo, you have a vantage view with high chance of spotting game before you even make that much of an effort.
Set off on an evening game drive as the intensity of the sun starts to diminish. We head off in search of various mammals especially zebra and giraffe before returning to camp for dinner and overnight.
DAY 2: LMNP - Kampala
Today we’ll have a late start after lazy breakfast on a pouch and in full view of the African wilderness. Visit the Igongo cultural Museum before proceeding back north east to the city. On our way, we’ll pass the Ugandan equator where you can take pictures and shop for a souvenir.
Arrive in the city sometime mid – late afternoon depending on weather and traffic conditions.
END OF SERVICE.
Cost: $262 pp based on 4 pax
Rates are subject to change and are based on availability.
Price Quotes Include:
- Ground Transportation throughout the trip in a private 4WD safari van
- Meals and activities as stipulated in program
- Services of an English-speaking driver/guide
- Bottled drinking water while on safari
- Park or reserve entry fees - where applicable
- All Excursions mentioned in the itinerary
- Lots of fun in the African sun!!!
Price Quotes Exclude:
- Air fares
- Visa, international flights and departure taxes - unless specified in the itinerary
- Inoculations and personal insurance
- Optional activities and excursions
- Items of personal nature such as beverages, telephone, postage etc